Year in review: 2017
It’s in the books! A little bit over a year ago I started this blog with a post about my goals for 2017. Let’s see where I ended up on those:
- Read 6 books - I read 4 and am working, slowly, on the 5th, more on this in a later post
- Complete 3 online courses - I completed 1, of all my goals I’m most disappointed in not having finished this one
- Run 24 miles - I didn’t run 24 miles in open air, but did enough cardio to be well past this
- Travel to a foreign country - I did this twice over by travelling to India and Canada, I’m proud of myself for finishing this
- Publish a mobile app - I didn’t publish a mobile app but I did conceive and superficially start one
Taken altogether, I’ve got about a 50% success rate on my goals for 2017. This is actually surprising since I haven’t looked at this list since I first wrote it, even though I told myself that I would be tracking my progress during the year. That’s something I should be better about.
Despite that, half is better than none and I can’t help but remember my 2017 with pride.