A reading list
Last year I took a deep dive into the world of personal finance. This year the emphasis will be more internal. These are the books I want to read in the new year:
- Blink - Malcolm Gladwell
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success - Carol S. Dweck
- Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid - Douglas R. Hofstadter
- The Three-Body Problem - Cixin Liu
- Programming Pearls - Jon Bentley
- Anarchy, State, and Utopia - Robert Nozick
The mind is fascinating, there is so much more for me to learn about how it works and what I should be conscious of to make better decisions. Blink and Mindset should add to my understanding of my own mind, or at the very least challenge what I think I know.
Science fiction has a knack for expanding my mind in different ways. I’ve heard enough about The Three-Body Problem to know it’s right up my alley.
I also have a soft spot for moral philosophy, and Nozick’s Anarchy, State, and Utopia has been on my reading list since high school. It’s time I knock that one out.